Choosing Between CPC and Flat Fee
Read this for an overview of CPC and Flat Fee posts
Although we offer employers the ability to choose whether or not they want to sponsor their jobs by setting up CPC campaigns or Flat Fee campaigns, there are criteria that make one a better fit for you than the other.
When To Choose CPC (with a Target CPA)
CPC campaigns give sophisticated media buyers the ability to optimize spend so that they can deploy a limited budget across many job openings in order to get the highest number of qualified applicants. CPC might be the answer for you if this describes your situation
- You have a large number of job openings (>100) that you are managing sponsorship for and you have an overall budget that you have to spread across all of the job openings.
- You have the time and inclination to set and modify CPCs. You have conversion data readily available and can use it to determine whether or not you should increase or decrease CPC to hit your target CPA and volume.
- You are buying from a lot of sources and have the resources to analyze performance across the sources.
Generally speaking, optimizing your campaigns (changing CPCs and budget allocation) should be done every 1-2 weeks.
When to Choose Flat Fee
If the previous paragraph made no sense or made you sick to your stomach, then flat fee is probably a better option for you. Flat fee works better for employers in this situation:
- You have a manageable number of job openings that you are sourcing candidates for (less than 50).
- You don’t have time to optimize media spend because you are spending most of your time evaluating and hiring applicants.
- You want to make sure that you are generating a target number of candidates for each job (the target doesn’t have to be the same). CPC campaigns require a lot more work on campaign structure and optimization if you want to manage applicant volume by job. With flat fee, once you hit your initial budget, it shuts off automatically.
- You are not necessarily buying from lots of sources. We distribute your flat fee job widely across the Internet, so this ensures you are casting a wide net. If you are buying from some sources, our distribution will automatically adjust to place your job where you are not buying.